Johann Sebastian BACH (1685-1750) Piano Transcriptions
* Three Pieces from the Partita No. 3 for Unaccompanied Violin, BWV 1006
Transcribed and played by Sergei Rachmaninov
* Arioso from Concerto in F minor, BWV 1056
Transcribed and played by Alfred Cortot
* Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 565
Transcribed by Carl Tausig,
played by Winifred Christie
* 'Sheep may Safely Graze', BWV 208
Transcribed by Mary Howe,
played by Ethel Bartlett and Rae Robertson
* Fugue in G minor from the Little Organ Book, BWV 578
Transcribed and played by Olga Samaroff
* 'Jesus Christus, Gottes Sohn', from Easter Cantata No. 4, BWV 4
Transcribed by Walter Rummel,
played by George Copeland.
* 'Sanctify us by Thy Goodness', Chorale from Cantata No. 22, BWV 22
Transcribed and played by Harriet Cohen.
* 'Fervent is my Longing', Organ Chorale Prelude, BWV 727
Transcribed and played by Alexander Kelberine.
* 'Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring' from Cantata No.147, BWV 147
Transcribed by Myra Hess,
played by Walter Gieseking.
* Pastorale, from Weihnachts-Oratorium (Christmas Oratorio), BWV 248
Transcribed by Clarence Lucas,
played by Wilhelm Backhaus.
* Prelude and Fugue in A minor, BWV 543
Transcribed by Franz Liszt,
played Byron Janis
* Toccata in C major (Prelude, Intermezzo and Fugue), BWV 564
Transcribed by Ferruccio Busoni,
played by Artur Rubinstein
- Label: NAXOS 8.110658 (2001)
- Recorded: 1925-1947